If you like to be challenged, are a tinkerer, a maker, or a drone enthusiast, and you have good programming skills and the desire to always be learning new things, come and join the fun working on the OpenSensorHub project, a government and commercially-funded open source initiative with a growing community.
Positions are preferably full-time and based in Madison/Huntsville, Alabama, with flexible schedule and workplace. Attractive salary. Entry, Junior, and Senior-level programmers considered.
Java Developers needed for:
- Back-end service support (OSH Core development and maintenance)
- Sensor driver and integration support
- Android App/Hub development support
- Tool development to ease integration of new sensors, actuators, and processing
US citizenship required for current positions, and US security clearance is a plus.
Requirements for the current positions
- Java coding skills imperative.
- Ability to work without constant instruction.
- Must be a self-learner with ability and desire to constantly learn new things.
- US citizenship.
- CS or EE degree, but results more important than degrees
- US Security Clearances helpful but not required
- Experience with any of these a plus:
- DevOps, continuous integration/deployment
- Agile development
- Sensor Web Enablement (SWE), Internet of Things (IoT)
- Sensor hardware/software integration
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android Things
- OpenLayers, Leaflet, Cesium3D
- Experience with drones, image/video processing
- FOSS4G, GeoNode, DevOps, GeoQ
- Android/iOS App development
- GeoHuntsville, field deployment, first responder support
- Military/Intelligence sensors
- On-the-fly data stream processing
Sound interesting? Tell us why in a cover letter and send along with your resume immediately (include your GitHub ID in the cover letter or resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.