Version 2.0 of OSH is well on its way and comes with a lot of fundamental changes to the core design as well as new Web APIs. Today we released v2.0-beta1 to all users so you can start testing this major release and provide us feedback. This version is available for download as a single zip archive from GitHub Releases, and the documentation is available here.
The main changes and improvements in this version are:
- Migration to Java 11+
- New EventBus API based on Java Flow
- New Datastore API based on Java Stream
- New embedded DB implementation based on H2 DB
- Support for the new SensorWeb API (REST API + websocket streaming and MQTT pub/sub capabilities)
- Support for the SensorThings API (as an add-on)
- New Database Federation capabilities
- Better integration of the SensorML processing engine
- Performance enhancements for better support of large sensor networks and mobile platform fleets
- Ability to boot with the integrated OSGi Felix framework or run within an existing OSGi runtime such as Karaf
- Migration of build scripts to Gradle 7.1 and Bndtools for OSGi support
There are also a few demos making use of the new SensorWeb API:
Please let us know what you think of this new release and, as always, don’t hesitate to report issues or ideas for enhancements on our GitHub issue tracker.