If you an experienced developer with extensive programming skills and the desire to lead a small team of developers into a rapidly expanding community supporting Sensor Webs and the Internet of Things (IoT), come and join the fun working on the OpenSensorHub project, a government and commercially-funded open source initiative with a growing community.
Position is full-time and based in Madison/Huntsville, Alabama, with flexible schedule and workplace. Attractive salary. Senior-level programmer needed.
Software Engineer and Development Team Leader needed for:
- Development support (50%)
- Back-end service support (Java)
- Sensor driver and integration support
- Development team leadership support (50%)
- Lead a team of 6-10 developers involved in supporting backend and frontend development to further develop, debug, maintain, and demonstrate OpenSensorHub capabilities
- Help support the incubation of OpenSensorHub as an open-source project under the Eclipse Foundation / LocationTech umbrella
US citizenship required and US security clearance is a strong plus.
Requirements for the current positions
- Experience in leading software development while maintaining personal development skills
- Must be interested in continuing to expand knowledge base
- US citizenship.
- CS or EE degree, but results more important than degrees
- US Security Clearances very helpful but not required
- Experience with any of these a plus:
- Additional programming language skills
- Systems engineering and cloud platform management
- DevOps, continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD)
- Agile development leadership (basic sprints only)
- Software testing methodologies/reviews
- Django and other integration environments
- Android/iOS App development
- Sensor Web Enablement (SWE), Internet of Things (IoT)
- Sensor hardware/software integration
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Android Things
- OpenLayers, Leaflet, Cesium3D
- Experience with drones, image/video processing
- FOSS4G, GeoNode, DevOps, GeoQ
- GeoHuntsville, field deployment, first responder support
- Military/Intelligence networking, security, and sensors
- On-the-fly data stream processing
Sound interesting? Tell us why in a cover letter and send along with your resume immediately (include your GitHub ID in the cover letter or resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.